View Single Post

Old 02-22-2020, 08:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,747 Times in 5,255 Posts

[QUOTE=REDCART;1720522]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRose View Post
Based on recommendations in this thread we went with Joe Tucker (352) 430-5615 to repair our irrigation. He was fast, personable, and the charge was very reasonable. I am very happy with the results and would use him again.[/QUOTE

Yesterday when I got my monthly amenity bill I noticed that I used -0- irrigation last month, which caused me to troubleshoot my sprinklers. The controller was programmed correctly but I never remembered to check it at 6 am when it’s scheduled to run. After researching the problem I reset the controller to factory default and reprogrammed it. In desperation I texted Joe Tucker and included a photo of a flashing icon. He was kind enough to call back and made a suggestion to “bypass” the rain sensor which he said was garbage. That appears to have solved the problem. 2 lessons: read your bills carefully and some repair people are honest. He could have easily hit me for $50 to come out and do the same thing.
The rain sensor will turn off your irrigation system when it has rained recently. There is a cork type part attached to your gutter that absorbs water and temporarily turns off the system. If you want to replace the cork part, you can buy a replacement at Central Pump and Supply, 2404 West Main St, Leesburg, 352-315-1075. Very easy to replace. I wouldn't call it garbage. Mine has been working fine for 4 years.