View Single Post

Old 02-22-2020, 09:29 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Want to know the Villages's leadership? Google this: The Villages of Lake-sumter Inc

All the officers are listed there, along with their email addresses. There's a Mr. Lester listed who I believe is in charge of community relations. Maybe he will respond to your questions.

I'm always fascinated by how little the developer communicates. A town meeting once a year (limited, I believe, to HOA members), and with no Q&A, doesn't cut it. I speak as a former PR executive for a Fortune 10 company.

Of course, he/they don't have to communicate. It's a privately held business. Then again, I wonder whether the developer gives a hoot about his reputation.
I have a similar background and worked for a major corporation. Ultimately we focused on anything that might positively or negatively impact stock price. The Developer doesn't have this problem. This is a very successful privately held business. I will say there have been a few situations where they could have done a better job of "messaging" the issue. But I think the VAST majority of homeowners are very happy. And they continue to sell houses at an amazing rate.
So, to me, responding to the "squeaky wheel" negative comments is a bit of a 'whack a mole' exercise.
If there was an issue that had a negative impact on home sales they would be very visible and address it. But their approach has worked very well for them. There will always be negative people.
And do I believe The Developer Leadership team reads TOTV? I'd be very surprised if they do. The majority of negative comments are about issues that are attributed to them but are the responsibility of the District. They have MUCH bigger fish to fry.