View Single Post

Old 02-23-2020, 06:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
I am familiar with this situation, past and present.

A golf cart shuttle was provided at the Sharon Morse building by Lake Medical Imaging (LMI). That service ended on Dec. 31, 2019 because The Villages Property Management Department declared that the LMI shuttle cart could no longer drive in TV parking lots.

The hospital has several carts to shuttle hospital visitors. They normally go between the hospital front entrance and the hospital visitor parking lot. Occasionally, they would take people from the hospital front entrance to the Sharon Morse building and to The Villages Health Specialty Center.

The Villages Property Management declared that beginning Jan. 1, 2020, the hospital carts can no longer drive in TV parking lots. Therefore, the hospital carts can't go to Sharon Morse or the Specialty Center.

The hospital shuttle carts now can only drive on hospital-owned property, which is the hospital visitor parking lot and the hospital front entrance. They can drive on Clemente Ct which connects the visitor parking lot and the front entrance.
Champion is correct. There is no longer a shuttle for the Sharon Morse Medical Building. We go daily for radiation and parking is a nightmare. I usually drop my husband off and he calls me when finished and I come pick him up. I often park in the hospital lot until he is finished. That is not a walkable distance for most of the patients. Something really does need to be done to improve the situation.