View Single Post

Old 02-24-2020, 08:27 AM

Totally agree, we were sold and literally promised full connectivity ... from the promise made to me from my sales person in November of 2017, we should have been fully connected as of last May. We were also sold a lifestyle on the lifestyle preview trip and if you live south of 44 we get only a small portion of that golf cart community life style, but we pay a full amenity fee each month. We can't shop, go to stores on our golf carts, we can't go to our doctors on our golf carts, we can't or go to nightly entertainment on our golf carts, we can't go to most restaurants on our golf carts. Doing everything on our golf carts is a huge part of the villages lifestyle that we don't get to enjoy. Do we get reduced amenities fees for living with very limited amenities? NOPE!!! If i knew they would be so far behind I would have never bought in Fenney, I would have bought in Pine Hill or one of the other connected villages. Some people say "if you're not happy move" like selling a house and moving to another is both easy and FREE, it's neither. I love my house, we had it built, and we have good neighbors, I DON'T love the facts that the villages didn't deliver on the direct promise their salesman and official representative gave to us, that we're paying full amenities fees for partial amenities, and IMO their biggest "sin" is a total lack of official honest communication regarding why they are so far behind. If they told us what was happening, why things are way behind schedule and told us when they foresee actual connectivity happening that would go a long way to quelling some of the anger regarding this issue. Instead we hear rumors and gossip and end up venting on forums like this. Generally speaking the villages is wonderful, we ARE lucky to be able to retire like this, but shame on the Villages for making promises they can't keep and then remaining silent rather than communication with those effected. And one more point, why don't the Villages have their lifestyle preview visits people stay in their newest most beautiful homes south of 44? Answer ... because they are selling a "lifestyle" and we south of 44 DON'T really have that golf cart lifestyle. I don't give a rats butt about their potential issues with the state, their politics and business matters are not my concern. I was promised / sold a lifestyle and a date to be fully connected and after going all in financially and emotionally I only got a fraction of that lifestyle with no explanation why they have not yet delivered on their promises.

Last edited by rrlavigne; 02-24-2020 at 09:19 AM.