Thread: Airbnb
View Single Post

Old 02-24-2020, 11:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,934 Times in 2,703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Soldier View Post
Has anybody noticed that Airbnb has invaded the villages? I just went on their website and they are literally hundreds of houses listed for rent for a night or a week. And all of these people who rent can get guest passes and use our amenities. This is ridiculous and it has to stop. How can we stop it?
Thanks for starting this thread, you are singing my tunes. We have a neighbor whose AIRBNB is seriously disrupting the neighborhood. Renting a room in your home, while you live there, violates two deed restrictions. First, you can not operate a business from your home. AIRBNB rental income is taxable income from a business operated out of your home. Second, all residential homes in the villages are restricted to single family residential usage. Renting a room from your home, to a non family member, violates this restriction. These particular deed restrictions are considered internal deed restrictions, which are supposed to be enforced by the developers. Unfortunately, they look the other way on this because they are in the business of selling homes. If they restrict AIRBNB’s, they will scare aware potential home buyers. It is very sad that they will fine people for little white crosses, but look the other way on much more serious deed restriction violations?