View Single Post

Old 02-26-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspet View Post
We have tried hummingbird feeders and currently a small seed birdfeeder with very little if any luck attracting much. We live next to a small pond on a golf course and it really seems strange we haven't been able to attract many small birds (there are a lot of pond birds). In upstate NY they were plentiful. So now I'm thinking of a Purple martin apartment and would like some advice from readers who have tried one and how successful it was attracting birds. Any advice on which one to get or how much effort they require to maintain (I'm not big on maintenance) and the best place to buy one. Thanks for your comments/advice. Actually, any advice on bird feeders in general that you have been successful would would be helpful.
I have a purple Martin house and at present we have at least 10 in residence. They eat their bodies weight in insects daily. They are only here from January till May to raise their babies. The best place to get a apartment is on Amazon but make sure you get the right one, light weight tin metal. They are lovely and we enjoyed watching them. No need to feed them, they hunt high in the sky for insects.