View Single Post

Old 02-26-2020, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
What scares me around here is if your system dies in the middle of the summer and you actually DO need a new system they (the contractors) have you by the gonads WRT pricing. I think that is why many people feel they have to replace them BEFORE that happens. I won't do that but I dread the possibility. I guess that would be the perfect time to use The Villages Lifestyle rental.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back9 View Post
It's great you have the luxury of opting out to a Lifestyle rental.

How about all the Florida old ladies on fixed income who call their AC repair guy and hear "you need a new system, $6000 please"?
LOL, I didn't say that I did (and I most certainly don't). Your comment is about little old ladies, my comment was about MY WIFE AND I if OUR system dies. Your comment is like saying "eat all your peas because there are hungry children in China." The "little old ladies" will deal with it the same way whether I stay in a hotel or not but if I have to run up my credit card for a week to keep my wife and I out of the inferno I'll do it because there is no way I'll sit in a 99 degree house nor will I pay $3000 more for a "rush system" because I need it NOW. $99 x 7 = $693 is a lot less to spend than getting rushed into spending $3000 more by a contractor because they know I am uncomfortable. I do feel bad for your "little old ladies" and if you are concerned about them please donate new A/C systems to the "L.O.L. FOUNDATION for replacement air conditioning systems" as I am sure they need your help.