View Single Post

Old 02-26-2020, 10:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

True story: my first year of college, in a dorm of 30 complete and total strangers I knew nothing about. It was not only a co-ed dorm, but there were only 4 bathrooms that weren't part of a semi-private suite on the top floor. So around 20 of us shared 4 bathrooms. Strangely enough we managed. There was no womens' room or mens' room. If we heard the shower running, we'd call loudly to find out who was in it. If a guy answered when I knocked on the door, I'd yell that I'd come back later. Soon as he was out, I went in. If it was a woman, I'd tell her I'm coming in to use the toilet, or brush my teeth, or whatever.

Eventually it stopped mattering, but we were all adults and could handle a little awkwardness the first week of school.

Not a single one of them attempted to molest any of the others, or feel threatened by any of the others.

This whole "omg a man in a woman's bathroom is gonna molest mah babbeh" stuff is just paranoia. Even in shared bathrooms with individual toilet stalls, there's really nothing to worry about except MAYBE an 8-year-old boy peeking under the stall in a woman's bathroom, and giggling because he sees Susie perched on the toilet.

Trauma, it isn't.