View Single Post

Old 02-26-2020, 11:23 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlNads View Post
I have talked to dozens of people who are not happy, there have to be hundreds of people south of 44 who are not happy with the connectivity/plaza delays.

I was told in May 2019 that by January 2020, it was documented in the sales map. When deciding between 2 houses my realtor said: "what is 6 months", the short amount of time for connectivity was one of the factors in my decision.

There is one way to get the attention of the developer, and that would be a class-action lawsuit. A quick google shows many successful lawsuits against developers for failing to deliver promised amenities.

Any semi-retired lawyers out there?
If you're going to have a class-action lawsuit I'm assuming you have something from The Villages in writing that states when the bridge would be built.

This is something that was posted on NextDoor today:

I just had a conversation with DOT regarding the rumors about the "bridge" and the widening of the Turnpike. There is NOT any plans to widen the Turnpike.
DOT is working on final approval for the bridge to make sure that all required standards are in place and then construction will begin on the final work in late spring or early summer of this year.

I don't know what is true... but if this post is accurate The Developer is working with the DOT to put a bridge over the Turnpike. The DOT is reviewing... which is why the bridge is not being built.

Did everyone who is speculating about the bridge on this post do any research, like call the DOT, to find out the facts? You know... make a phone call? Or are you just speculating, suggesting a lawsuit, demanding information... stamping your feet?