View Single Post

Old 02-27-2020, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmb727 View Post
When I was a kid, my neighbors put down a 6x8 foot area with pavers in the back corner of their yard. I know this because I used to mow their yard (back when kids mowed yards). They put a few bushes around it and trained the dogs to go there. Seemed like it made cleanup easier and cured the muddy paw issue when it rained. OK, I am now ready for all the negative responses, let them fly !!!
Yes. I had something similar, a nice large sandbox (for large dogs) in my backyard. My husband built a 5 foot fence for our young children and another fenced off area for the dogs.

I do feel that people who are lazy and don’t want to take their dog to a designated place, or can’t provide for their own pets, should not have pets. They refuse or can’t take accountability for an animal that relies completely on them. And it is not fair to the animal.

I realize as one grows older the pet may become more and more valuable but it is a live being with needs and if one can’t take care of it, and won’t hire someone to help take care of it .....

Perhaps we could have (or maybe we have it already) a volunteer organization to help people out with their pets if they can’t do it themselves.