View Single Post

Old 02-27-2020, 11:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Pedestrians do not have the right-of-way at that crossing. The autos do. And I'm a great believer in taking and acting on your right-of-way. Trying to be nice when not necessary is inefficient and even a hazard at most locations. But there are exceptions and that specific location can often be one. There are often cars backed up from the 4-way stop to the roundabout, at least in the winter. I think then...with great caution...it is acceptable to allow pedestrians, bicyclists, and carts to cross until the traffic starts moving again.
Thank you! THAT was my thought too! At that same crossing after my app't there was a couple, walking, and the woman was trying to flag cars to stop and seemed upset when they didn't. I kept driving. The other day I experienced exactly what you said about vehicular traffic being backed up on to Stillwater as well as the round-about and cars coming out of that neighborhood as well. It was truly hairy trying to navigate safely....with impatient drivers along with the back-up. I'm not sure what would be the best way to get to Creekside unless it's to go to the other entrance to LSL off Morse---but then there's the traffic issues with the square etc. too.