View Single Post

Old 02-28-2020, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post
We had breakfast at Denny's this morning, which was good. When I went to pay with my debit card the lady told me it had been rejected and i had to use another card, which I then gave her another card which was fine. When I got home I checked my account and found out that they had lied to me and my debit card had cleared and was charged. I returned to Denny's and ask for a debit to my account which they would NOT give me. Now I have paid for my meal 2 times and they won't credit my account back for the one they said did not clear. I called the bank and they told me I had to get a credit from Denny's, which Denny's refuses to do. These people are crooks and are lying to people in order to charge two times for the same bill. I will never go back to Denny's and ha recommend people watch them and how they charge you.
The bank can not help you while the charge is in a ‘pending’ status. It usually takes a day or 2 before the charge hard posts and actually debits your account. Most of the time the pending charge goes away because the company doesn’t submit it to complete the charge. If the amount actually does post to your account, then go back to Denny’s and ask again for the reversal credit. If they refuse, then go to your bank and tell them you want to dispute the charge. The bank is obligated to refund you the money and will go after Denny’s to recoup the charge.