View Single Post

Old 02-28-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post
We had breakfast at Denny's this morning, which was good. When I went to pay with my debit card the lady told me it had been rejected and i had to use another card, which I then gave her another card which was fine. When I got home I checked my account and found out that they had lied to me and my debit card had cleared and was charged. I returned to Denny's and ask for a debit to my account which they would NOT give me. Now I have paid for my meal 2 times and they won't credit my account back for the one they said did not clear. I called the bank and they told me I had to get a credit from Denny's, which Denny's refuses to do. These people are crooks and are lying to people in order to charge two times for the same bill. I will never go back to Denny's and recommend people watch them and how they charge you.
My thought is why anyone is using a debit card where the risks of losing your money making a transaction are against you. You can always dispute a credit card charge and have it removed, unlike the debit card.

If you use the right credit card, you get the extra time to actually pay for your purchase and also receive cash rebates.