View Single Post

Old 02-28-2020, 05:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
What you describe is not the way all gated communities work. With many gated communities, you are not going to talk your way in. I have lived in one such community and unless your name was on a list or the guard contacted the resident, you were not getting in through the front gate. This does not mean you could not find a place to climb over the walls.
Yep.

My last home was in a truly gated, golf course community...and that's pretty much the way it worked. It was actually a bit of overkill...in my honest opinion.

If the name(s) weren't already on your list (you kept up with it online), the guard would call the homeowner. If the homeowner didn't answer...tough luck.

Or if you said you were golfing, they would call the clubhouse to verify your tee time.

We had one particular guard that thought she was Hitler and the visitor line early every morning, from yard crews/house crews/Etc...was beyond ridiculous.

My yard guy and housekeeper said the guards verified identification information from every single person in the vehicle and this one...seemed to enjoy taking her time doing it.

I probably wouldn't have put up with it myself...regardless of how much I was getting paid.