Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post

Old 02-28-2020, 08:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
I respectfully do not buy this, and if true, I am terrified.

First, we are constantly told how great a guy Xi is and how great our relationship is with him and his country.

Secondly, despite our weakened and lack of leadership intelligence agency, I would hope (pray) we would be aware of something amiss.

If so, our government is complicit, if only by ignorance.

The Guardian presented a scenario to support your suspicions, but I, at this point see no validity..see link below.

Xi Jinping has buried the truth about coronavirus | Ma Jian | Opinion | The Guardian

They did have a "whistleblower" in China who, at least prevented it being kept quiet any longer. But in a state where there is such an authority figure surrounded by only those who must agree, anything is possible.
Descriptions of Xi as a great guy are done in the context of not needlessly angering the guy you're negotiating with ... not many take it literally nor of validation of his character etc. He's a communist dictator who's quiet but brutal when need be.

We have many great intel sources & capabilities, but China is called a "Hard Target" for a reason. There's also the reality that, if we do have evidence of the bio-weaponinzing , it will be highly classified. One reason would be to protect our sources, while another would be to prevent panic in the populace. It's is very scary to think that weapons like that exist ... the only real protection is to deter them with superior might be it military or otherwise.