View Single Post

Old 02-29-2020, 12:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
Hi folks, We have been here for 8 months now, and my comment / question is; The Villages calls themselves a gated community, which technically it is. However, anyone can come through the gates, either by pressing the red button in the residents lane or going through the visitor lane. A true gated community has resident stickers with bar codes on the vehicles which allows access. I understand that when the red button is pressed a picture of the vehicle is taken, don't know if that is really true, but that does not do much to add to security. Please don't misunderstand, I don't have a problem, it just seems to me that the gates, along with the guards, don't make this a true "gated community". Further, I question the need for the gates, guards and guard shacks since they do not seem to be making anything secure. What am I missing here?
Surprised nobody mentioned that the roads in TV are maintained by the county so TV can't tell anybody not to come in, their public roads & streets. The gate guards are their in hopes of if anybody comes in that they could remember things if something happened. Also a lot of younger people from Leesburg & Wildwood come here & some of the gate guards will take notice of that in case something get vandalized or robbed. Yea, it doesn't seem right but public streets mean just that, PUBLIC. I know someone will want to correct me on this, but some people really think our gates aren't worth the trouble. You could just call the front office & they probably could explain it to you in just about 5 mins.