View Single Post

Old 02-29-2020, 01:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
I heard yesterday from the staff that Sweetgum Exec course will be closing tomorrow due to green conditions. They also inquired about the conditions yesterday on their sister course Mangrove showing it might be next. Having played there a couple of times in the past two weeks I can attest to the fact they are once again bordering on unplayable. Unfortunately this story is beginning to look a lot like the movie Groundhog Day. This is the third or forth time the course has closed due to poor green conditions. My recommendation is for them to rip out greens and replace turf with the new grass found at Tierra Del Sole and a couple of others I believe. Sad to see because it’s a great layout. Also because it will put more demand on Mangrove and Palmetto which are seeing heavy traffic anyway.
This is normal routine for TV. They'll be 10 or 15 or more course closed for maintenance. You should know golf course all over the U.S. close down for one reason or another! They won't tear it up it'll be like new for the full time residents.