View Single Post

Old 11-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
We decided to give the Big City Grill a try today. We went to the one in SS. It was okay. The wife had the Philadelphia Cheese Steak. There were no green peppers and the wife likes A-1 sauce on the sandwich. I had the Chicago Italian beef with hot peppers. It came out wrapped in tin foil so the bun was soggy. But the meat was very tender and the hot peppers with a double dose of catsup made it pretty good.

I was expecting a more upscale eatery than we got. At least McDonald's puts salt and pepper shakers on the tables. I hate those little tear apart salt and pepper packets.

We might return to try some of the other sandwiches but then maybe not.

Zcaveman:

I have given Big City a try about four times and, sorry to say, it just doesn't produce the good Chicago Italian Beef Sandwich and the fries are terrible.

I have been in Norcal for 35 years and whenever I get back to Chicago I head for the closest Italian Beef I can find and usually can get a pretty good sandwich at just about any small neighborhood lunch spot or pizza place.

When we were kids, probably the biggest treat was when my dad brought home a bucket of Italian Beef and buns for dinner.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 11-08-2008 at 12:42 AM.