View Single Post

Old 02-29-2020, 11:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koapaka View Post
Yeah, FL can absorb all us old, retired folk because we are....well, old and retired. We are not looking for jobs, we spend $$$$ and lets face it, we have less "trips around the sun" ahead of us than we do behind us.
We need younger people to move in too (not to the Villages specifically but the area around it). I know people here who don't own a cell phone - not even a flip phone - because they think they're too "old" to bother with one. Considering that the guy who invented the personal computer is older than they are - I'd say they're just flat out wrong. But there's no convincing them.

Meanwhile, the younger generation will be the older generation eventually. And if younger folks don't move in WHILE they're younger - who will bring the technology that THEY will want, when they're old enough to be considered "old?"

I mean - c'mon people - hardly any stores anywhere in the Villages or even at the supermarkets accept Google Pay for crying out loud. This stuff was old news 5 years ago everywhere else.