View Single Post

Old 03-01-2020, 06:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
No way any pull carts should be on a green. No excuses, if you can't take your putter out of your bag and walk the green you should not be playing golf.
Well, I guess your "opinion"...isn't universally shared.

But hey, who's ever even heard of those nondescript dog tracks...mentioned in the article?

Push/Pull carts on greens (push/pull here)

Quote:
I took the photos above and below at Victoria Golf Club, near Melbourne, Australia, in 2010. (The Australian Masters was played at Victoria that year and the next.) Players there are asked to roll their push carts and pull carts not just over the tee boxes but across the greens, to keep the fringes from being beaten up by concentrated foot traffic.

Other Sandbelt courses have the same policy—including Royal Melbourne and Kingston Heath, which are ranked No. 22 and No. 11, respectively, on Golf Digest’s list of the 100 Best Courses Outside the United States. Ditto Bandon Dunes (although at Bandon golfers with carts are asked to cross the greens only, and not to park their carts on them).

These practices makes perfect sense, because a push cart weighs much less than a greens mower. Or a tee mower. Or any of the guys that you or I play golf with. So lighten up, enemy club.

You're welcome.