View Single Post

Old 03-01-2020, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsachs View Post
The title company really doesn't care about you. They will get their money, no matter if you get screwed or not. Why would you buy something for $300k+ and have no one who knows what you're signing attend. What might it cost you, $300-400 for a real estate lawyer to read over the paperwork for you before closing so everything is in YOUR best interest? Not the lender or title company.
We closed twice here and more than eight times in Ohio and Indiana without a lawyer. Some states require them. I had NEVER heard of anyone using a lawyer at closing until it had been brought up many times here. Also in the more than a dozen years I have lived here I haven't heard of anyone having trouble with closing. Some people said they were surprised at the bond. It is imperative you know about the bond. It is a significant added cost usually added to the cost of the home in other states. Sometimes in used homes the bond is partially or completely paid.

In new homes here the cost of the bond ranges from about 15K to about 50K depending on the type of home and where it is. I do not think that the developers sales people are any less ethical or efficient than a realtor with a big R.

I find house sellers from a little annoying to very annoying and the villages sales agents are NOT pushy, have no need to lie to you, because if you don't want it the next folks will.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-01-2020 at 05:20 PM.