View Single Post

Old 03-01-2020, 08:11 AM

I was a residential loan closer for years. We bought the land here and had a house built on it in the Villages. I took over 2 hours at closing and went thru everything and read every piece of paperwork. I would suggest that even if buying a new home you either sit and read thru every piece of paperwork involved and ask any questions you may have or that you pay an attorney to do that and explaine everything to you, all deed restrictions on your property. It's a very small amount of money compared to the cost of your home. The Villages and title company makes sure you have a clear title, you are not hiring an attorney for that. You are hiring an attorney to explain all the additional paperwork and restrictions on the land and future increases allowed to your amenities fees so there are no surprises. The Villages would not give us anything to read before closing and the villages sales representatives are not licensed realtors. It also clearly states in paperwork that you sign at closing that anything a sales rep. tells you is not binding, only what's in the paperwork you sign is binding. If you sign the paperwork without reading it or having it explained to you by an attorney you might end up quite unhappy and posting on this site. Hire an attorney to represent you. It is money well spent.
As I said, I read it all 19 years ago and have been very happy here. Oh, I was 45 when I moved here.