View Single Post

Old 03-02-2020, 07:14 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,247 Times in 362 Posts
Default What is most improtant to you - home value or lifestyle

There have been several discussions lately regarding the huge and rapid expansion of TV. Discussion of the pros and cons often includes a comment like "the expansion and demand has and will drive up the value of your home".

I'm going to accept those statements as fact for the sake of argument and ask this question. What is more important to you; increased home value or a happy, active, and relaxed lifestyle?

For me the lifestyle far outweighs the increase in home value. Sure, I am happy with any increase but I'm not looking to sell my house so that really only means my property tax will increase and my heirs might get extra money when I die. Before I suffer the inevitable folks slamming my comments - let me say that I realize that is MY situation and doesn't apply to everyone buying here.

I'll flesh my thought out a bit. I don't want to wait an hour at a restaurant. I don't want to have to buy my ticket to the Sharon, Savannah Center, Katie Belles, etc in the first hour after they go on sale. I don't want to scramble to get on a championship golf course. I don't want to go on a year long waiting list for a club....you get the idea.

I'm happy where I am in TV and with my current lifestyle but I'm keeping a wary eye on the future. Maybe I'll be forced to take that increase in my home value and move to a smaller community in the future. I hope not.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else