View Single Post

Old 03-03-2020, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B767drvr View Post
A small handful of years away from retirement (or one bad day at work!)... Curious for a perspective from newcomers, or actually any villager I suppose, how your pre-move mental reservations about life in TV lined up with what you've experienced after moving? Is it what you thought or hoped for? Were your mental "reservations" confirmed or proven otherwise?

"Our" perspective would be from a mid 50's couple... healthy, active, very social, love to travel the world. MY personal retirement FEAR is boredom, and not living a full, active life in retirement. We'd both like to keep busy and give back /volunteer where and when able. (No grands yet as our kids are only in their early 20's.)

We appreciate any insight anyone would care to share. Thanks...
My wife & I are in our mid-50s and are somewhat a snowbird. No kids (that I know of). We can’t wait to permanently move down here to The Villages in a couple of years, OR sooner!! If your fear in retirement is boredom, then read the book called “The Joy Of Not Working” by Ernie J. Zelinksi. It’s a mind opening, Aha moment for me. Good luck.. -myk