View Single Post

Old 03-03-2020, 07:18 AM
Default Slm

I went to the ER at the Villages' Hospital on Sunday, Feb. 23 with possible heart attack. I was immediately taken into an office for an EKG, chest x-ray and catheter put into my arm in case meds needed.
I was then sent back to the waiting room where I sat from 8:00PM until I decided to go home at 11:15PM hoping that if my tests showed a heart attack, someone would have come to get me and since they didn't, it probably was because I was okay. I decided to leave and the doctor came out and told me not to leave.
I told him that if I had had a heart attack, I would probably have been dead by then so I was going home.
Another patient sitting near me for a much longer time was told by the receptionist that there were no beds in triage and none in the hospital for admittance. I then told the receptionist to take out the catheter (she got permission) and I went home. I am fine.
I was told by the nurse that had I gone to one of the ER centers, I would have immediately been sent to the hospital as they do not treat stroke or heart patients.
Perhaps United Health will help things get better.
I went to the ER at the Villages Hospital several years ago with the unbearable pain of a kidney stone--sat in the waiting room from 4:00AM until 12:30PM climbing the walls in pain. My husband begged for some type of pain pill but they would/could not give me anything.
We are in reasonably decent health but if we were not, we might have to consider moving out of The Villages.