View Single Post

Old 03-03-2020, 07:56 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

One thing that puzzles me is why there aren’t more recreation centers with weight machines, treadmills, elliptical machines, etc. Another thing that puzzles me is why access to these in the four recreation centers that have them costs the equivalent of a dollar a day, use it or not. The many beautiful executive golf courses are covered by the amenity fee, even though they are very expensive to maintain, and even though the majority of people don’t use them. I’d like to see the above fitness equipment in every recreation center, and covered by the amenity fee. Charge for using the exercise classes at the four recreation centers that offer them, just as there is a substantial charge for using the full-size golf courses. A few minutes of exercise with weight machines helps people maintain muscle mass and joint strength in a way that merely walking or playing golf does not. How many people who would benefit from it don’t do it because they don’t want to pay $365 or more a year when they wouldn’t be using any exercise classes or yoga?