View Single Post

Old 03-03-2020, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfla06 View Post
I was in Publix and came out to seeing the accident just after it happened.

Two women were down on the ground and passersby and Publix employees were helping them.

One white car had his entire right side damaged with the side airbag deployed Another damaged car was down closer to Salon Jaylee.

The stop sign was run over and down and a good size topiary was smashed into pieces. There was a lot of car debris in the road.

The response time by the fire trucks and EMTs was impressive.

Some witness said they think one of the drivers had some kind of medical episode and lost control of their car.

I’m praying for all who may have been hurt.
The scene was very scary.
My Dad fell at the meat counter at that Publix a few years ago. He toppled backward and hit his head on a container behind him which saved him from his head slamming against the floor.

The Public staff helped him a great deal especially the floor manager on duty at that time.

He had fallen a year or so after that in the Publix parking lot and an Orlando area nurse who was parked next to him and helped him a great deal as she had medical supplies in her car. She worked in the Orlando area but lived near the Villages.

Hats off to the Publix staff for helping in these situations.

I have taken over doing all the shopping now. My older brother helps once in a while too when he is on one of his 4 visits or so he makes to the Villages each year.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 03-03-2020 at 02:52 PM.