View Single Post

Old 03-03-2020, 08:00 PM
Default Internet installation fees

Building house in Monarch Grove and looking into the two choices for internet Spectrum and Xfinity
Spectrum 100Mbps unlimited $44.99/month and modem/router rental $5.00 total 49.99+ taxes and fees for final cost of $54.99 you can
save $5.00 per month if provide your own modem/router
Install fee $49.99

Xfinity 100Mbps $40.00 cap of 1T (terabyte) modem/router rental $14.00/mo. Total $54.00 + tax’s fees for total cost of $55.00
Using your own modem/router cost is $41.00 /mo
Install fee $70.00

I understand their internet fees and rental options But what do they do for such high install fees. All lawns are new sod so you know they are not digging it up to bury coax line to house. My guess cable is pre installed from utilities low voltage cable boxes to house low voltage panel in garage.

I do not know if this is how it is prior to having internet connected but do know houses are fully wired with coax to each room so it appears all they do is make a connection outside to the respective provider you chose.

If your using your own modem/router you make your own internal connection depending on room you set up your equipment.

Has any one had either service installed and just used the self-install option.
$15.00 Xfinity
$9.95 Spectrum

$50.00 or $70.00 seams a bit extreme for what has to be done. If you avoided this overcharge how did you do it