View Single Post

Old 03-03-2020, 08:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John W
About ten years ago in Baltimore my mother was coming out of a Shop-Rite Grocery Store and was on the sidewalk outside under roof, very similar to Publix. She tripped on the curb stepping down and broke her hip and was taken away in an ambulance. The next day I had two lawyers call. One from Shop-Rite wanting to know how much it would cost to settle and another lawyer wanting to represent my mother with her injuries. I guess they have informants at the hospitals. I told them both, I wasn't interested in any money, the Shop-rite lawyer called 3 or 4 times, I guess they couldn't believe we didn't want to sue.

After this experience, I find it difficult to believe that Publix didn't want to get involved in an altercation that happened almost on the store's premises as you described. I also can't believe the police would do so little. I think if you gave an interview to The Villages News or posted your story online on this site and Facebook, you might of gotten some attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
You all make it sound like it's Publix's responsibility to have cameras on someone else's property. Remember Publix is a tenant. The plaza is not their property, they have no ownership or responsibility regarding what happens outside their walls UNLESS one of their own employees is directly involved, while on the clock.

If you want cameras to record activity in the parking lot or anywhere else outside the store, you need to ask the owner of the property to install them. I believe the owner of Southern Trace shopping plaza is the Holding Company of the Villages, LLC.
Why did you quote my post, I don't see any reason for your response to my post. I never mentioned cameras. I mentioned Shop-Rite, not Publix, and I told a story that released the merchant from any responsibility and took full responsibility for the incident in not suing. If you disagree with a poster, select that poster to quote.

Now that you mention it, cameras at Publix does sound reasonable. If you watched ID Channel, Investigation Discovery as much as I do, you wouldn't believe how many crimes are solved by cameras at Walmart. Not just on the premises, but the customer buying duct tape and a suit case at 2am.