View Single Post

Old 03-04-2020, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie1 View Post
I've been a resident of TV for seven years, and this year I've found the greens on some of the courses to surely have been damaged by other means than overuse. It's difficult to understand why the greens on Yankee Clipper are in top notch condition, while others (Churchhill for example) have large bare spots, and areas that appear to show some type of mold destruction. Are all courses maintained by the same people/company, or is the maintenance farmed out to a variety of golf maintenance businesses? Perhaps the greens keeper at Yankee should be hired to take care of the courses that need some work done.
Yep...absolutely no question about it.

Been playing the championship courses for 10 years now myself and it's boorish to hear an attempted defense of the indefensible (poor conditions of some courses), just because of...blind loyalty to Da Family.

Particularly irksome is giving an opinion of condition(s), if they haven't even played the courses...in quite a while.

A number of championship course's greens are still in good shape and a couple, like Tierra and Lopez, with the new strain of grass installed...are absolutely awesome.

While a number of others...are simply abominable.

So there is definitely something besides just "seasonal traffic"...going on.