View Single Post

Old 03-04-2020, 08:01 PM
Default The new Brownwood ER

On Valentines Day a couple of weeks ago , I think Dr Robertson at Brownwood ER probably saved my wife's life . What she and I thought was the flu and 15 hours of throwing up and fever, finally we said we needed to go to the ER for anti nauseous medicine and IV's for re-hydration.

Well the web site showed only a 6 minute wait at Brownwood as opposed to the 45 minute wait at The Village Hospital ,so the choice was easy. The nurses quickly got the IV's going and the monitors hooked up , but the doctor ( a young sharp lady ) said she thought sometime else was going on here and did a cat scan.

This was not the flu but a burst appendix that probably happened 15 hours earlier and emergency surgery at Leesburg Memorial was scheduled because they had surgeons there at 9pm on a Friday night. The Surgeon said we must have a guardian angel because the point of no return had pasted .

She spent a week at the hospital fighting the poisons and infections with constant antibiotics IV's . Another week of home care with visiting nurses finally has her smiling again .

Thanks Dr Robertson