View Single Post

Old 03-05-2020, 09:34 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts
Default Soliciting

Quote:
Originally Posted by largokid View Post
We live in the Hillsborough area and this afternoon a person (Don) with Republican Party affiliations rang our doorbell to speak with the registered voters in the house. I am absolutely furious that someone with political affiliations would have the audacity to be going house to house to (I assume) collect votes for the Republican party. I don't care WHAT party is out there they shouldn't be coming to our home! We see enough of the ridiculous political fighting in The Villages in the paper, The Villages.com, etc. so we don't need more politics on my doorstep. My husband told the gentleman he wasn't allowed to "solicit" in The Villages but the guy replied he wasn't soliciting that "it was a political speech". GRRRR -- thankfully I wasn't home! I will get lots of flack about this posting but if it keeps the political party solicitors off my doorstep I'm happy!

PS: The Villages Office was particularly unhelpful in providing any method for stopping political peddlers.
It’s a myth the “no solicitation” rules of The Villages. However, in some cases “Florida friendliest Home Town” is also a myth. The Villages has all kinds of friendly people and some not so friendly.

Unfortunately only about 50% of Americans will vote this year. A bit higher in The Villages. It’s shameful IMHO.