View Single Post

Old 03-05-2020, 11:33 AM

Good conversation Pam and Nick. Thanks for raising the issue for discussion on TOTV. I agree the current growth rate is a point to consider for new owners and longer-term residents. We manage to work around the some of the inconveniences of "the season" by using many of the suggestions already provided. I do appreciate when the amenities more readily available in the off season. However, I do understand, if you are snowbirds, how these wait times or missed events become more inconvenient than those of us here year-round.

My concern with the current expansion rate is sustainability. There was a great program in our earliest build communities to convert some of the modular homes to newer style homes. It is my understanding that program may be currently on hold pending the new construction. Having driven through several of our earlier built communities, we can see firsthand the beautiful new homes and the positive impact they have to our community.

Iā€™d love to see another Town Center. Rumor mill discussions were around a New Orleans theme. However, I say this with absolutely no confirmed information and maybe just wishful thinking. šŸ˜Š Iā€™m sure our local businesses struggle with the seasonal nature of our community, as do the staff. No solution here ā€“ just a couple of suggestions to keep us moving forward. Best of luck with whatever decision you make.