View Single Post

Old 03-05-2020, 02:04 PM

Don, I agree with your logic on the connectivity over to Rohan. However, I'm not sure I agree that will be the primary and/or only route to the western (Brownwood) side, which is where they need to push the people and the money to from the Southern Oaks area - hence that big piece of iron that has been sitting beside the turnpike for months. In your video you used the word vague about communication. I don't think I would use that word to describe it. Evasive might be a better description. There is nothing vague about printing "January 2020" on maps that were available to the public. There was nothing vague about the Vmail that came out a few months ago stating the connectivity would be completed in April/May 2020. And the article in last week's paper that stated the bridges would be complete by end of 2020 was not vague. Keep in mind that "complete" and "opened" are two different things. What bugs me most about the whole thing as, as the dates have slid, no communications have acknowledged the slide, provided any reasons for the slide, or build any confidence in the latest time frame given. Many of us are just fine without the connectivity but are looking forward to it when we get it. It's just the transparency, or lack thereof, that has been the most disappointing.

Great job, as usual, on the excellent and informative videos.