View Single Post

Old 03-05-2020, 09:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
CFrance I'm curious as to why, after having traveled from a country where Covid19 has been found, and are presenting symptoms of Covid19, and it was bad enough you felt you should go to Urgent Care just today to get help for it - you didn't think to mention to the doctors that you might be at-risk? I mean okay they didn't ask, that wasn't a bright thing on their part. But once you discover that they aren't going to ask, why didn't you take the responsibility to tell them?

Inconvenience? Lack of insurance? You got sick 3 weeks ago and didn't think that between then and now, you could have developed something worse than what you started with? It concerns me because if you have the symptoms, and were at a pretty significant risk of exposure, then you could in fact be spreading this virus (or some other virus) to everyone else. Or worse - someone else might have spread it to you, and is running around undiagnosed spreading it to everyone else.
First of all, the coronavirus was not present in Australia when we were there. Plus, we were in Tasmania, an island state off the coast of the mainland with a much more spread-out population.

Second of all, I did tell them I had traveled to Australia.

Thirdly, I have had colds leading to sinus infections after coming off of planes several times in the last 25 years. They always go away in two weeks. I felt no chest pains nor breathing difficulties during this cold. I had only two symptoms of the 5 symptoms they have been listing as coronavirus. People in high places have been saying not to panic, that tests were not available everywhere, you had to go through the CDC to get testing materials, and they had a tight list of requirements.

I'm not stupid. it wasn't until I developed a low-grade fever two days ago that I sought medical help. I don't think I did anything wrong, so lay off me.