View Single Post

Old 03-06-2020, 08:53 AM
Default America - is this a great country or what !

Quote:
Originally Posted by largokid View Post
We live in the Hillsborough area and this afternoon a person (Don) with Republican Party affiliations rang our doorbell to speak with the registered voters in the house. I am absolutely furious that someone with political affiliations would have the audacity to be going house to house to (I assume) collect votes for the Republican party. I don't care WHAT party is out there they shouldn't be coming to our home! We see enough of the ridiculous political fighting in The Villages in the paper, The Villages.com, etc. so we don't need more politics on my doorstep. My husband told the gentleman he wasn't allowed to "solicit" in The Villages but the guy replied he wasn't soliciting that "it was a political speech". GRRRR -- thankfully I wasn't home! I will get lots of flack about this posting but if it keeps the political party solicitors off my doorstep I'm happy!

Join them - get out of the house and volunteer. Canvasser have been going from house to house for years and years. It's the American way. Get out and vote as well. If living in a hut with a mud floor and an AK-47 on your hip is more your style - best of luck in the third world country of your choice.

PS: The Villages Office was particularly unhelpful in providing any method for stopping political peddlers.
Join them - get out of the house and volunteer. Canvasser have been going from house to house for years and years. It's the American way. Get out and vote as well. Thank you , but no thank you always works for me. If living in a hut with a mud floor and an AK-47 on your hip is more your style - best of luck in the third world country of your choice.