Thread: Surgical Masks
View Single Post

Old 03-06-2020, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quilting3grammy View Post
They only remind you to stop touching your face and keep you from transferring germs by touching it. JetBlue sent me an email stating that they have brought in a doctor to advise them on how to keep the planes and the crew safer. They are increasing the cleaning and disinfecting of everything and on request will provide passengers with sanitizer and disinfecting wipes. Since this virus has more of an effect on older people you are bound to see more masks here, but unless they are sealed to their face they are useless. I've been trying to find hand sanitizer and wipes, but the stores are sold out as fast as they come in. I was given a recipe to make hand sanitizer that includes rubbing alcohol and aloe vera, and guess what? Yup those are empty spots on the store shelves as well. Washing your hands with soap is the best defense and do it often.
You don't "have" to use aloe vera gel. The gel is just what you mix it with so that the alcohol isn't so drying to your skin. You can use pure rubbing alcohol; you'll just have shrivelled fingers (which you can then add moisturizer to).

Why don't you already have a bottle of rubbing alcohol in your house? I just assumed everyone had one in the bathroom cabinet.