Thread: Surgical Masks
View Single Post

Old 03-06-2020, 11:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I saw a few people wearing surgical masks at Walmart today. And, I checked Amazon and they have no masks for sale with Prime delivery. So, a lot of people are buying them. The CDC and other briefings on television seem to be continually advising people that, only sick people and health care workers, should be using masks to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. But, there are numerous health articles online that say masks can offer some protection to prevent healthy people from getting a virus. I am a skeptical person. It seems to me that, if you are travelling on an airplane, wearing a mask would provide some protection. At least, if you touch a surface with an active virus on it, having a mask on would remind you and prevent you from touching your mouth. I don't want to dispute the CDC, but I would feel safer wearing a mask on an airplane. Would anyone else?
I guess it's a matter of choice but I guess it would be a little protection. Me personally I don't want to look like I'm from China. It's just a little to much for me because you could get Coronavirus just touching products at the store or if someone sneezes & that person that sneezes is up wind from you, you could walk right into their infection 15 ft. away. You couldn't eat in restaurants because you would have to eat from their utensils, touch the bill to pay, touch the door to leave or come in. It's just a little to much for me to wear a mask. I would be so paranoid that I couldn't use my hands again. Me myself I just wash my hands all the time but I still could catch it. But if you don't mind wearing a mask where one but that really doesn't mean you couldn't catch the virus. But it would help some I guess!