View Single Post

Old 03-07-2020, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
My parents never read children's books to me. Amazing that I ended up as an English major.

What books are appropriate to read at bedtime to a three-year-old? I'd like something a little longer than, like, Goodnight Moon, that maybe we could start one night and finish the next or the next.

I read one of her "longer" books to her last month at her home, and she was very interested. It made me think she could handle something longer that might take more than one reading to complete.

Any help appreciated.
I used to shelf a lot of kids' books at East Lake Community Library and had really enjoyed chatting with their Children's Librarian, Cheryl.

You probably would see a lot of books arranged by age and/or grade level at the Villages' area libraries.

I had read some of these to Talia as well as she was quite young when we were in Palm Harbor. And had taken Tal-Tar- and Zac to some of the story times at the Palm Harbor Library.

I did have to get some training in Children's Librarianship while getting my MA at the U of Denver in Librarianship and Information Management. That required reading a lot of kid's books. Most of these were for Young Adults though.