View Single Post

Old 03-08-2020, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlNads View Post
I agree that a lawsuit is needed. What happened here smells like…
Fraud - /frôd/ - noun -wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Last I knew fraud was illegal and against seniors in Florida is a big no-no. It all boils down to when they knew they would not meet the January 2020 date and how did they communicate it to sales and potential buyers. A lawsuit discovery and depositions of the salespeople, planners and records will ferret this out.

I personally think they mislead people to keep sales going. If they had told me it would be another 2 years for connectivity is usable, I would have chosen a place north of 44.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
What exactly was the fraudulent (criminal deception) act???
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlNads View Post
I said it smells of fraud ... (alleged)

Fraud - /frôd/ - noun -wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

The published promise of connectivity (by Jan 2020) seems to be a reason many people purchased south of the turnpike.

Fraud would be taking our money IF they knew the connectivity could not meet the date they told us (it seems from responses to this forum there are many here where told the same date). And, this date was published on the sales map they handed out, so you cannot say we went on the verbal word of a salesperson.

Discovery will tell the who knew what then, and how that was communicated out. Like..when did they order new maps without the date?
And just what is it that you seek with this great lawsuit? Compensation?