View Single Post

Old 03-08-2020, 05:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by B767drvr View Post
A small handful of years away from retirement (or one bad day at work!)... Curious for a perspective from newcomers, or actually any villager I suppose, how your pre-move mental reservations about life in TV lined up with what you've experienced after moving? Is it what you thought or hoped for? Were your mental "reservations" confirmed or proven otherwise?

"Our" perspective would be from a mid 50's couple... healthy, active, very social, love to travel the world. MY personal retirement FEAR is boredom, and not living a full, active life in retirement. We'd both like to keep busy and give back /volunteer where and when able. (No grands yet as our kids are only in their early 20's.)

We appreciate any insight anyone would care to share. Thanks...
For me personally, it is everything I could have hoped for and more. Most people will say TV is better run and nicer than where they came from. IMHO

You haven't indicated if you ever came for a visit. You would have to see TV to fully appreciate it's beauty and myriad of things to do. It's a feeling you get when you are here! I wish I was able to move here after I first saw TV, (long story).

You would have a lot of opportunities to volunteer if you so wish. As far as being in your fifties, my close friends are around 60 and they can't keep up with me and I'm in my 70's. There are 2,000 to 3,000 clubs you can join.

To be balanced, it does get crowded during snowbird season but one learns to adjust, As far as grumpy people, "I don't let anyone rent space in my head".

I have a medical advantage plan so I can go to MVP free of charge, as my plan pays for it. Everyone's situation is unique. There are a lot of activities that are available through your amenity fee.

TV isn't perfect but it is darn close!!!

You owe it to yourself and your wife to visit this wonderful place as no words can really describe it.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).