View Single Post

Old 03-09-2020, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts
Smile we're taking a wait and see approach

We're scheduled to sail up Alaska's inside passage from Vancouver to Anchorage in mid July... it's on a Windstar ship (they only sail with 150 - 325 passengers)… we don't care for the huge ships

Our concern regarding this trip is intensified as we will spend a few days prior to flying up to Vancouver in Seattle and another night in Seattle on our return....Washington State has quite a few C-19 cases currently

We fly up via Alaska airlines...they won't waive any cancellation fees unless the CDC or FAA issue a warning about flying into Seattle/Washington State

However, for $1K in additional fees we can 'bank' the $3.6K worth of tickets we have with Alaska Air, albeit it all must be used (or committed to flights) within a year of cancelling or the 'bank' turns into a pumpkin

We always purchase the travel insurance, however I'm hearing that travel insurance doesn't cover 'buyer's remorse' cancellations around C-19

We've dealt with the same solo travel agent for years (and she is on this trip with us)...the travel industry has never had to deal with something quite like this before...it's all 'new territory' for them. The impact to the travel industry and all of the supporting/related businesses will have a huge impact on our overall economy

I'm not complaining...I'm just sharing

but, maybe it is time to get more gold coins