View Single Post

Old 03-10-2020, 07:05 AM

I have sat through a couple ARC meetings, waiting to obtain approval for our proposed landscaping plans and resients are always coming before them asking permission to remove trees for various reasons, including the one you site. If it is a healthy tree, permission is always given IF the homeowner promises to plant another canopy tree of a certain size somewhere else on the property. I don't know if anyone ever follows up to confirm that a new tree is planted (I doubt it, considering how busy they are, and you could always say that you are working on it if anyone knocks on your door to inquire about the status). You just need to request that they hear your case, be there when they consider your proposal to answer questions, and include plenty of pictures when you submit your paperwork. It would be helpful for you to obtain a letter from an arborist, stating that the tree is healthy but supporting your case of potential damage to your property. You can get approval. Lots of people do. Just attend the meeting (even though the meeting will be long and boring because you will have to sit through everyone elses cases until yours comes up on their agenda) and be willing to plant another tree elsewhere on your property.