View Single Post

Old 03-10-2020, 12:06 PM
Veteran member
Unhappy absolute scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAT777 View Post
Not sure how many use Quest Diagnostics but both my husband and I have received bills for blood work and the reason why is they had submitted it wrong to our insurance. My concern is how many just pay the bill without questioning? I was online with both Quest and United Healthcare for 2 hours today getting this resolved. Quest finally stated it was their mistake for submitting it wrong to Insurance. (Scam) From now on we will go to LabCorp. We have to question and watch everything!
I worked in medical billing and many labs, drs. etc bill the insurance and the patient (known double billing). They say they weren't paid when the were. They sign a contract with the insurance company's stating they will be "participating physicians and will accept what insurance pays" and they still bill the patient and are paid twice for the same service. There is a well-known doctor right here in The Villages that does this with all of his patients. He makes a boat load of money because many of his patients do not understand the double billing and they just pay the bill. How sad.