View Single Post

Old 03-11-2020, 06:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALadysMom View Post
My then-20 year old son got seriously ill from H1N1 Swine Flu in 2009 and my cousin’s 24 year old daughter died from seasonal influenza in 2018. Both were very healthy and neither had previously ever been hospitalized.

If it severely infects you or your loved ones, it will change the way you think about health and illnesses forever (if you survive) no matter which illness you had.

The population density of seniors in TV and other retirement communities means drastic prevention is needed.

If transmission rates can remain controlled long enough, there may be an effective treatment and eventually possibly even a vaccine.

It would be better to be a live “alarmist” than to be a dead “denier”

BTW did you know Trump’s Grandfather died in the Spanish Flu pandemic?

I wonder if that’s why he seems dismissive about Coronavirus. Coronavirus would seem like a sniffle by comparison to 1918 H1N1 Spanish Flu when hundreds of millions of previously young, healthy people globally were dropping over dead, many within in a matter of hours. Don’t look to any officials to keep you safe. You must take care of yourself. Officials have to walk a very fine line as they try to give factual information without inciting fear and panic. However, if it is you or your loved one who gets severely ill or dies, statistics won’t matter. One will seem like far too many.

Please take this Coronavirus COVID-19 seriously. Use your (understandable) nervous energy to take all the preventative steps you can and check on your friends and neighbors welfare online or by phone. Be prudent by avoiding gatherings & crowds for awhile.
More like 17 million worldwide; 500,000 in the US, many among troops fighting WWI in Europe at a time that there were no antibiotics. And not even Ebola can kill you in "a matter of hours", (unless you mean 96-168 hours)