View Single Post

Old 03-11-2020, 07:59 AM

“One of the oldest uses of perfume comes from the burning of incense and aromatic herbs for religious services, often the aromatic gums, frankincense and myrrh gathered from trees. It did not take long, though, for people to discover perfume’s romantic potential and it was used both for seduction and as preparation for love-making”

Not only am I allergic to some scents, but they make me nauseous as well. Try sitting anywhere near someone in a restaurant; I can almost taste it as well, and blame it on my extremely acute sense of smell. Ruins my meal. There are other scents that are soft and pleasant and don’t affect me at all. If it’s must, Natural oils settle into the skin and are missing that ingredient. They don’t penetrate a 50 foot radius. There’s an ingredient in many scents that’s pungent and irritating. Many of the people wearing it are oblivious. Expensive scents, the ones with designer’s names aren’t any different, either. Who are these people trying to impress, or seduce? If they can’t smell it on themselves they don’t know how badly it affects and offends others. They’re probably the ones that complain about the smell of cigarettes and cigars. Try sitting in close quarters with a bunch of women who each love their scents. Scents-sory overload! Hopefully there will be just one offender reading this post. I’ve thrown away all of my perfume because I realize how awful it can be for others in my position.