Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post

Old 03-11-2020, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParSeeker View Post
As I understand, there is a shortage of approved test kits. Probably not practical to outfit every doctor's office with them. If any of us who think we may have symptoms goes to our personal physician, we necessitate the Doc to a) have test kits b) protect their staff c) wash down the facility if they get a real infection d) protect the other pts in the waiting room or in the facility. etc etc.

So - Why not create some number of screening centers in The V, and concentrate the protection resources there. The physicians and staff would be protected properly, and would get the word out as the place to call or go if showing any flu symptoms. Regular physicians would direct callers to those facilities for COVID 19 screening. If not COVID the center would send the pt to regular physician.

Yes, insurance coverage would be an issue to be worked. But since we are a vulnerable community, seems like we should take special steps.
Thank you for the ONE sensible solution to this problem that has been in any thread on this site. Only, your second post .... you may be too intelligent for TOTV But, on a serious note ... I had mentioned to my husband that Quest could step up and do screening, they must have all the masks etc., needed for their personnel.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited by Madelaine Amee; 03-11-2020 at 10:35 AM.