View Single Post

Old 03-12-2020, 09:03 AM
Veteran member
Default don't agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
I didn’t say OB here hospitals would put like cases out of harms way, say a newborn, or infant, and move them to the same facility. Leaving all of the old people in one spot. It amazes me that people think anywhere in the US that 2000 people could be vented, in the same area.

As far as staffing you must not have come from medical field. If you work at a facility, and it becomes a triage unit. Everyone day off, vacation are called to work. You do not have a choice, and you will not be leaving that facility until the crisis is over. Yep you live there. Yes you work 16 hours, 8 off if possible. I have had the pleasure to serve in this situation more than once.

Medical staff do not panic, if they did they are in the wrong field.

The bonus is this is not trauma, so the new grads, won’t be deer in the headlights.
I worked in many ER trauma hospitals and I know that often we were overwhelmed with trauma cases and had to re-route to other ERs. Eventually all the ERs in the area were at times past capacity for new cases. I think this area could be a disaster just based on the lack of ability to handle the current routine ER situation. We better hope an outbreak here does not happen!