View Single Post

Old 03-12-2020, 08:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstastny View Post
Well they just did, 40 minutes before the curtain at the Savannah center.
It is my understanding that the decision was made early in the day, but nobody was notified, including the cast.
As many of us do, we go to dinner prior to a show so Glenview, Lopez, Palmer and many local restaurants were packed, apparently that's not a risk. Instead at 6 22 the email of the closing was sent via the Villages box office email list and the cast was told only AFTER they were dressed and ready to perform, remember the decision was made earlier in the day.
They could have given us notice of closing effective say Friday and if you are worried you can get a refund if you chose to not attend, that would have given them some liability relief.
So they kept all country club restaurants open (profit motivation?) with no concern for our safety.
Poor planning and inappropriate timing.
Tomorrow I am playing golf and having lunch at a Country Club restaurant, I guess that is of no concern for safety.
You can start by pulling your big person pants up and start making rational decisions about your life and not waiting on a profit driven entity to tell you whether to stay home or not.

I played golf today with our Thursday group and rode solo because I didn't know where the people in my group had been or who they had been around. I didn't stay and eat afterwards because I didn't know where the masses of people had been or who they had been around.

Trust your instincts.