View Single Post

Old 03-13-2020, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Testing is for people with symptoms, and should not be on demand.
Of course there will be shortages if all the paranoids want a test.
It's an interesting quandry. You make a bold statement. Using your criteria:

If my husband becomes sick with COVID-19, and HE has to be quarantined until he's healthy again, and *I* am his caretaker, and have no symptoms yet - I shouldn't be allowed to be tested for it.

And since the test is what proves that I have the virus - I can go out, go shopping for my husband, have coffee with the girls, grab a bite to eat at the fast food joint, maybe take some time away from home while the husband is well enough to care for himself, and relax with a drink at the town square.

without a care in the world because you have no proof that I have the virus.

I would have zero responsibility if every single person I interacted with got sick - because you can't prove that I had the virus.

I'd say that's pretty faulty logic, wouldn't you?

There aren't enough tests to go around. There could have been more than there are now - and in fact other countries have been much more prepared than ours is. We are JUST now starting to prepare for something that has been a problem worldwide for around a month.

Saying who should and shouldn't be allowed to get tested, and calling anyone who is concerned "paranoid" is short-sighted. You know that cashier at the store you went to this past week, who took your money and handed you your change? She has the virus. But she wasn't tested because she had no symptoms.

Good luck.